Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Date report!

Haven't had one of these in awhile... so here is a re-cap of where things stand as of last posting, in Nov-07 (you will need to go to 'Print Room Murmurs', my previous blog, to read up on my previous);

November... J decided to tell me, in a round about way, that he didn't want to get serious. Which wasn't exactly hurtful since I didn't want anything serious with him either. So after Florida trip I stopped calling... he obviously didn't make contact either.

December came along and I had a super wild NYE... drinking, dancing and seriously good company. There were, of course, bits in between of which details ought not to be repeated (email me for sordid details if you want) and I was well on my way on forgetting.

And THEN I got this call at 7pm on New Years Day... cheerful voice on the other end saying hey, we should catch up when we're both less trashed. Chills down my spine... how the hell did he get my number? I am 99% certain I didn't give it to him, and to be honest quite happy to forget about the whole thing. I mean, he seemed a guy... but get everyone is nice when you're 6 or 7 jelly shots into the night, washed down with whatever other alcoholic beverage available... didn't regretted any of it, but at the same time I was quite happy for it to be a short lived episode (like Hotel Babylon... remember that show??)

So last night I had a date with Mr NYE. He is actually a nice guy. Not exactly attracted to him THAT way but he has a curious mind that keeps me thinking. He's a east coast transplant to this city and from the sounds of things his workmates knew of my existence already.

I would like him as a friend but really nothing else. Should really introduce this conversation early in the piece, like now, shouldn't I?

No comments: