Thursday, January 31, 2008

am I lazy? Nooooo

Here's the thing, I work in a building of 20-odd floors. We are having the annual fire drill tomorrow... so I get the bit where it can be a bit of a mess to get 10,000 out of a building at the same time, but THIS... is rediculous (quote from building management email);

For those of us who are on the 7th floor, the fire drill will be tomorrow (FRIDAY, 2/1) AM. It would be over by mid-morning. When you hear the announcement, please gather at the stairwell by the Ladies' bathroom. We need to go down four floors so we will end up on the third floor. Third floor knows we are coming so we won't be getting dirty looks from them.

By the same token, when 11th floor do their fire drill, they will be coming down. So when you see a whole bunch of people just hanging around the elevator bank, that's what it is.


----------
So hang on, we're only practicing running to the THIRD floor? Is that going to save me when there's a fire, earthquake or any kind of natural disaster that may strike this city? I mean, what about ground level... I thought that is the safest place of all.

Either way, I'm going wear flats tomorrow. Even when I am only going to the 3rd floor.

No comments: