Tuesday, January 15, 2008

bus-time reading & cross cultures

I am currently reading this book called 'Stiff' - it's a non-fiction, comical look on what happens to cadavers. So far I've covered med student gross anatomy, crash test subjects, cosmetic surgery practices and there's also embalming...

Whilst I am sitting there on the 2, 3 or 4 bus giggling to myself most morning and night, I can't help but think what others thought I was doing - the front cover of the book is someone's feet, with a swing tag labelling the corpse. You know, CSI style.

But this is SF... and people pride themselves on being alternative. Like this one time (not at band camp), there was a goth woman on the bus. She had the cutesiest little purse in the style that Betty Boop (or Dita von Tesse for that matter) would carry. Only that it says 'fuck you' in calligraphy lettering. Hmm.

Alternativeness #2 - I had Indian pizza last night after underwater hockey. No kidding... it's like a naan with topping on top, not inside. Had a Kingfisher pizza to knock it down.

That rocks!!!

No comments: