Friday, January 11, 2008

Culninary skills

After the movie last night I was in a frenzy - needed to wash yucky, sweaty clothes from last weekend's soccer game, pack for my snowboarding weekend (Kirkwood, at Sth Tahoe) and deal with the defrosted turkey mince that's been sitting in the fridge for 3 days.

The first 2 was easy... I am pretty well practiced with the pack and wash routine... the third?

To be honest I would have been OK for the mince to sit there till I get back from the snow. But I do live with two girls with different food standards than I - so to avoid coming home and find the mince being trashed, I decided to cook it up.

Turkey mince is pretty uninspirational. Don't get me wrong... I love big bird as much as anyone else (especially when there's stuffing, roast veggies and cranberry sauce to go with it)... but its a meat I would unlikely to get unless it's seasonal. I heard Inghams tried to change that consumer habit some time ago...

My brainwaves led me to making meatballs, pan fried then finishing them in a tomato sauce. Speg meatballs.

Turned out ok btw!!

No comments: