Thursday, October 2, 2008

New neighbourhood, and the big race

I recently moved to the leafy neighbourhood of Cole Valley, where there is a mixture of designer dogs, ladies of leisure and more recovered hippie-veggie living folks than I could poke a stick at. Its just off the madness of Haight-Ashbury, and backing onto the gentile of Twin Peaks/ Diamond Heights. All in all it makes an interesting neighbourhood.

With the new neighbourhood comes an interesting mix of people to observe on the buses and light rail. I now have 3 (!!) options of how to get to work. Unfortunately they're all at slightly different places so you have to make a call when you leave the house. I've been crashing with J last few days (since bed hasn't arrived)... we haven't killed each other, and truth of the matter is it's going pretty well. I think he's going to last a little while (we ARE going away together soon... must last till then!)

The line-up for Treasure Island came out yesterday. I was at first jealous that C, who has 2 months less experience than I, is a stroke for my boat. But after analysing everything - over a tequila, couple of glasses of wine and long talk with J - fact of the matter is that she wanted it more. And she has worked hard, plus I paddle on the other side of the boat so... all in all, I am now comfortable with it.

Just ordered 48 bagels from Noah's as my contribution to the paddler's food pile... I might as well order the best for us, and our Long Beach visitors!

No comments: