Tuesday, October 7, 2008

a dinky-die DBag if you've ever seen one...

Below is a real email from someone confirming their 1st interview with a relatively established San Francisco tech co.

Needless to say the interview was promptly cancelled by the CTO.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 1:49 PM
Subject: Our meeting tomorrow
To: xxxx


Joe,

Thank you very much for taking the time to speak with me today. I am
looking forward to meet your team tomorrow at 4 pm.

Concerning the interview style: Of course, it's entirely your choice
and it works really well indeed, but only if we'd remain confined in
the realm of existing technologies known to your team. As I would like
to propose something much more advanced, you might want to talk to
your team first and ask them to keep open mind and maybe check up on
TRIZ and Domain Specific Languages (DSL) methodologies before the
meeting. Speaking from my previous experience, it would save us a
significant amount of time and make conversation much more to the
point.

I would also like to have a few minutes of your time (or we could
leave it to a follow up interview) to discuss some of the questions
that I have, mostly related to the markitecture of your company.

See you tomorrow!
--xxxxxxxx

4 comments:

James said...

Unbelievable! Guess that's one way to go about getting a job!

davidhowse said...

I guess I don't get the job then?

Joyce Lee said...

Dave, you're not a DBag. I wouldn't call you that in your face at least :p

davidhowse said...

True, not to my face... ;)