Wednesday, February 13, 2008

some unpleasant places

I am convinced the post office is probably one of the most unpleasant places of service on earth.

Regardless of which country - all postal staff look at you weird if you don't happen to know the 'procedure'. Take for instance this afternoon, when I went to post the bro's birthday present.

I was thinking that a post office would charge for every little thing, including containers. So here I was being, what I believed, a good samaritan and lined up with a post box that wasn't even popped up. But no... in the US they give you the post box. So what is expected of you is to pack everything up nicely before going up to the country.

The staff, however I must say, are never rude as such. They are extremely patronising... and since I am on the verge of PMS, my responses today were on the snappy side.

Now I know why I love email so much.

No comments: