Monday, August 11, 2008

huuggeeeee

There is this HUUUGGGEEEE pick up truck that parks on my street - we're talking about the kind that has jacked up wheels (so its 1.5 persons in height), and about length of 2 sedans. What's unusual is that I live in a pretty up-market, nice part of town... where you're more likely to run into the soy latte drinking set than the big truck/ worker type.

I have seen that truck parked on my street a few times and have always wondered what kinda driver would drive that 1) ugly thing that is completely impractical for a city with narrow streets like SF, and 2) a car that has the carbon footprint of a small nation? I always envisioned a big guy driving a big truck... you know, like dogs looking/ acting like their owners.

Tonight I had my chance... as I was making my bed, I saw the big red truck pull into a parking spot that he was lucky to fit in (it could've been 2 small cars!!). It took him forever to park.. and when it popped out...

He was a skinny Anglo guy who can't be taller than 5'8.

What a dissapointment.

Funnily enough he parked in the exactly same spot a car got towed from earlier today... because it was cutting very close to someone's drive way...

1 comment:

Ang said...

i can guarantee you he's from the southern united states. or bakersfield.