Friday, April 25, 2008

oh god, I am really in America

Update from last posting - the men in blue (well I am not even sure what the SFPD wears but I assume its some derivative of blue) came to our house and inspected the scene.

Turns out it wasn't some pellet.... that I can deal with. It's actually a bullet.

Theory from the cops is that the bullet is a projectile, a stray - most likely some punk (from the projects about 6 blocks away) missed and hit us instead of his *insert name/ title/ item being shot at*.

Perspectives changed once I saw the bullet... eagle-eyed roomie showed me what she found the next night and it was pretty hard to mistaken what it is. It looked exactly like the stuff I fired in that gun shop in Guam. Yeah, shivers went down my spine.

Admittedly our apt is the only one in the block that has a south facing window, which means we're the only ones with views of the main street (and glimpses of the projects)... its still pretty far away but guess its not close enough for stray bullets!

Positive side to this - it forced the landlord to send his handyman to our house. To replace the glass mainly, but whilst he's here he can take a look at our forever leaking taps.

I am more excited about our taps being fixed than bullets. No kidding, right?

No mistaken that I live in the US... I've now been shot at!

No comments: