Wednesday, April 23, 2008

damn you, punk kids!

Last night someone fired a BB gun/ air riffle into our apartment.

It shattered the glass in the living room... I was home at the time, heard it (and was fairly sure what it was)... but for the life of me I couldn't see it so just dismissed the issue.

Eagle eye roommate spotted it whilst doing yoga to Josh Groban - in the middle of down dog she saw the pallet, then followed the path to the shattered glass (small quantity, on the windowsill). And of course, she then panicked and want to call the cops etc.

To be honest I just don't know if they'd even pay attention to the report. How on earth are they going to track down where it was fired from? I guess the only positive is that if our neighbours reported similar events, then obviously there are some punks in the area.

I mean, what are the cops going to charge the kid with other than property damage? Guns are legal in this country.

Eagle eye didn't want me to ask the neighbours if they've had similar experiences (simple enough question, isn't it?)... but heck, I will anyway.

Just not looking fwd to having to file insurance, etc... or deal with the landlord anymore than i have to.

No comments: