Monday, April 7, 2008

Mobile-less deprivation study - first 24 hrs

What kind of sick joke is this. T-Mobile has cut my mobile phone connection for close to 24 hours now. I am usually the person on the other end of the deprivation study... you know, the analyst watching those video blogs and see how I can advertise to you at the end of the day. Right no I feel like one of those test subjects... and of course, in situations like this, I will blog.

My phone was low on batteries for most of Sunday. I didn't think too much of it, until I woke up on Monday and my phone said 'SIM unregistered'. Yikes. So I went to work looking for a phone charger, thinking it was affected by low batteries. 

By Noon it still hasn't improved. So I called (on my office land line) and was put on hold for 15 minutes. They said all phone users, on my type of plan, have been cut off by a technical glitch. They wouldn't put an ETA on it so that just spelt disaster to me.

So how have I lived the last few hours... well, I now know how annoying it is to try and meet someone without a phone. I had to get my buddy to email me on her Blackberry... which begs another question... where would I be without Blackberry's (or being around them)?

On top of that, our door bell doesn't work. So yet again i have stuck a sign for my friend to email me when she gets to the door.

OK so here are a few things you'd generally like to see on a deprivation study;
- I have increased my Internet use
- whilst my mobile might not ring every night, I am more aware of its presence
- I am multi-tasking more with the TV on
- I emailed my mother and asked her to not call me

Grrr.

T-Mobile had been kind to me, mostly... but if by tomorrow morning it has not improved. I am going to Yelp them and get some citizen feedback!

PS - it goes without saying... if you need me, do not call me as my phone doesn't work

No comments: