Monday, June 8, 2009

can it really happen?

Forgive me Diary for you have been neglected. It's been 6 months since I last blogged, in which time much has happened.

For starters, I now live with JS and have tolerated his almost-obsessive love for nuts and electrical wires. In exchange I torment him with positioning of the dishwasher hose. Smelly Cat is becoming more adorable everyday so that's a blessing - she is incredibly trainable, and has even learnt to be a living alarm clock (she taps me on the arm, with her paw, 3 times. No really, she taps you like nudging you with a finger).

With the new apartment, there is a change is commuter route - which is, of course, one of my favourite topics of discussion. I now take the N-Judah (or the bus, on the morning I want to breath) and when packed like sardines, some seemingly innocent behaviours become really, REALLY annoying.

Like this morning, a couple (not so young, maybe late 20s/ early 30s) was necking for the entire journey to Downtown. There were at least 4 people standing within millimeters of them. I kid you not... it was all out, tongue and everything.

I had the vantage spot right behind the girl (who was 5'2 so I could see EVERYTHING over her head). I am fairly sure it made my fellow work commuters equally uncomfortable, and I weren't prepared to say out loud that they should have gotten 'relieved' before they left the house...

Moral of this story: PDAs are only appropriate when there is 1 ft or more between you/ your PDA buddy and the next person.

No comments: