Sunday, July 20, 2008

little Craigslist posting

I have had this idea for awhile... putting myself forward for an 'emergency date' for people going to weddings. So last Friday afternoon, since I had a little time, I wrote a note on Craigslist and posted it under 'casual encounters'. 

The ad has been well received - but CL didn't like it and pulled it down within 6 hours. Yikes!

Below is the offensive ad... and I honestly don't know what's so offensive about it.

Oh and I had 8 replies before it was flagged and removed.

----------------------------

So you RSVP'ed to a wedding months ago… you Plus One guest. Then in the following months the 'plus one' dissolved. Well OK, they didn't 'dissolve' literally. She ran off with another man, or a woman... or you had the world's biggest brawl and broke up (everything you own in the box to the left).

I realize sometimes it's hard to tell your high school buddies (whom you haven't seen for 15 years) that your lady left you for some butt ugly guy. So in order to avoid any embarrassing situations – or being asked 'where's your date' – I hereby offer myself the service of being your Plus One.

So who am I? I have fulfilled the role of '+1' for friends on 3 continents so far. I will do the chicken dance with the best of 'em… I will propose a moving and appropriate toast. I will even take intoxicated Mother of the Bride to the waiting car since she couldn't get there herself. Hey, I won't even bat an eyelid if you, my 'date', decide you want to pick up a bridesmaid for a one night only performance.

Does that mean I'm experience '+1'? Guess I am, whatever that means.

So what is included in your Plus One package?
- A well dressed, nice looking late-20s professional Asian female with wonderful table manners
- Intelligent and pleasant conversation, for you and with all wedding guests, in an Aussie accent
- Well orchestrated story of how we met/ why we became
- Overall a fun time hanging out with you and your buddies

What's not included?
- Wedding gift – hey its your invite, so you buy the gift
- Hooking up with you. Unless…

What you need to provide?
- Transport to the event
- The wedding invite, food + drink
- An email with your photo, saying when where etc

Thanks for reading – and have a great wedding season!

No comments: