Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Love this city

No longer was I terrified of NYC, I want to go back soon.

My trip started on a traumatic note, but I rolled over and used all my resources... that is, the 3 ex-New Yorkers I know, and I thank them so much.

I lived on west coast time pretty much the entire trip. Up at 10-ish EST, and then bed at 3am... in the city that never stops I ate, drank and walked through some amazing places. Local knowledge really helped, and I thank every one of them for showing me a cool place in town.

Some of the highlights;
- a Korean bar that sells very nice fried chicken (and average cocktails)
- The Museum of Sex... hell yeah
- Irish bar where the dart board is like head height with many patrons walking by (scream danger!)
-  Wine and awesome risotto at a great neighbourhood Italian restaurant
- watching people at Union Square, drinking Max Brenner hot chocolate
- Seeing Astoria, Queens and its psychics...
- having Nigori sake at a tiny hidden bar, on top of a 24 hour diner and behind a discreet door of a Japanese restaurant
- French bistro/ wine bar... interesting waiters, great food and wine
- The Met... need I say more?

I managed to get a tan with the beautiful weather of the weekend, and missed the storm by minutes - plane left the dock and was lining up for take off, and flight control halted departures to rush the arrivals in. I sat on the tarmac for 2 hours.

Overall... wonderful trip. The bro is coming in Nov and we shall do it all over again:)

No comments: